Working with Employers
Note: Rather than describe hypothetical ways to work with employers, I'm sharing Way2Go's employer program that is operating in 2012. Dwight Mengel
Employer opportunities & Way2Go
There’s more than one way to get to work, and there’s even more no- and low-cost ways for employers to encourage healthy and smart commuting options. In addition to saving money on taxes, you can help cut transportation- and health-related losses, boost employee morale, and attract and retain desirable employees.
Check out these ways to support commuters and your business at the same time, then see below to contact Way2Go for services:
No- or low- cost support for commuting alternatives
1. Employee education on:
- Relevant bus routes and services, including service for qualified persons with disabilities
- New transportation services such as vanpooling, Ithaca Carshare, and Working Adults Transportation Assistance.
- Overcoming barriers to and enjoying the benefits of active transportation such as bicycling and walking
- Benefits of and tips for shared rides, including addressing common concerns such as safety and sharing costs
- How to consider, try out and combine diverse transportation strategies
3. Ridesharing/ride-matching support using external ridesharing websites, workplace announcements, employee address information or surveys, or self-service ride boards, email lists or other social networking
4. Ithaca Carshare reduced memberships, an organizational membership, or even a trial Ithaca Carshare car at your business or organization
5. Tax-Free Commuter Benefits, which can increase your employees' take-home pay without increasing your payroll! Provide a high-value/low-cost, competitive employee benefit already in place at scores of companies
6. Flexible scheduling and telework options to cut commute time, expense and stress, while retaining or improving employee productivity and satisfaction
7. Commuter-friendly facilities such as bicycle protection and racks, lockers, showers or other amenities to support active transportation to work
8. Additional options such as proximate commuting, employee incentives, lunch-time shuttles, on-site or nearby amenities and more
How can we help you? Way2Go can keep you informed of the latest Commuter Options, and remind you of opportunities to raise employee morale while reducing your expenses, including through such options as Commuter Tax Incentives.
Way2Go offers customized, one-on-one services to employers, including:
- Phone or in-person updates on transportation services and commuter options
- Consultation on diverse options for supporting commuter options and their benefits
- Transportation education provided directly to your employees through educational materials, displays, announcements or workshops
Last Updated: February 2, 2012
The files to the left are:
1. Way2Go Employer Planning form - A one page form for an employer to organize its marketing effort to employees and ways Way2Go can assist,
2. Way2Go Employer Brochure
3. Way2Go Outreach Meeting Poster - Sample outreach poster for Downtown Ithaca Employees for Way2Go's meetings.
4. Worksite Mobility Choices Poster: Poster of mobility choices developed for people working or traveling to the Cayuga Medical Center. The posters were developed by Way2Go and the County DSS Mobility Program in 2011.
(The space in the center of the poster is for bus scheudles).